Currently Reading ...


is getting a little bit out of hand. I usually don't do this (reading more than two books at a time, that is). But these books are so good!


This morning I picked up Neil Gaiman's Smoke and Mirrors on a whim and started leafing through it. I've just finished the first story -"Chivalry"- and now I must confess that, after reading two novels (Stardust and Neverwhere) and just one short story, I'm irrevocably in love with Gaiman's work. I'm not putting this book down until I finish it. So there's the first one.

The second book is The Carpet Makers by Andreas Eschbach. The story so far goes like this A barren, isolated planet's whole economy turns around weaving carpets, allegedly for the emperor's palace, out of the hair of the weavers' wives. So far I'm absolutely enthralled.

The third is El Aleph by Jorge Luis Borges. What can I say about it? This is a little gem of a book, awe-inspiring and marvellous.

Candide by François Voltaire. It's a classic, it's Heather's fault (again) and I'm really enjoying it.

The last one (is it? really?) The Two Towers by Tolkien. Yet, I'm cheating now, because I've left Frodo and Sam lost in the Emyn Muil for a couple of days. I'm coming back guys, just hang on there.

Well, that's it. (not really because I've found this!)

5 Comments:

  1. Heather said...
    muwhaha!!
    MissMiller said...
    You've inspired me to read Gaiman's work. Where should I start?
    Booklogged said...
    Love the picture. You really are reading a lot of books at the same time. I'm afraid I'd get confused.
    bookish lore said...
    Heather, lol, i'm just too weak!

    Hi acquisitionist! Stardust was my first and loved it (it's an adult fairy tale, truly magical), Neverwhere was really good, witty, a tad weird but funny (loved the villains, so Wildean). Hope this helps.

    Booklogged, I guess you're right, yet somehow I've managed it, I guess, I don't know, I'm so confused. :)
    MissMiller said...
    Thanks for that. Will have to check him out.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home