G.I.F.T. Challenge # 1

It's impossible to say no to something like this.



I'm already feeling Christmassy because of it. So, here's what I've been doing.

A Christmas movie. OK my mind went blank here. All I could remember was watching A Christmas Carol a million times (the 1938 version and the 1984 one) and of course National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation on TV; say, half a million times?. But as Dickens himself said: "It is good to be children sometimes, and never better than at Christmas, when its mighty Founder was a child himself", I decided to watch The Snowman and Mickey's Christmas Carol. I've never watched them before, and so I must admit I've just had the most wonderful time. Briggs' story was heartrending and "Walking in the air" just broke my heart. Still, great film. What can I say about Disney's version?. Well, Goofy's trademark scream made me laugh my head off.

A Christmas novel/ short story. Well, thinking about A Christmas Carol made me realize I'd never actually read it. So, I went for it and loved it. Mr Dickens had a marvellous gift for words and a particular sense of humour that stirs all sorts of feelings. Time goes by and things change (please, say they have), yet, this story still feels like a breath of fresh air that helps you get your feet back on the ground and understand where the spirit of this season truly lies: among the loved ones and not (just) beneath the Christmas Tree.

A Christmas song. This one was difficult. I've chosen - after a lot of hard thinking - a local song. I had heard this huella many times but never actually listened carefully to it. It is called La Peregrinación (The Pilgrimage) and it was composed by Ariel Ramírez. This version is performed by Mercedes Sosa. Sorry I couldn't find a translation, but just listen to the melody, it's so sweet.


Should this work, thank my personal wiz, my (grudgingly) patient and generous brother who helped me selflessly (got that last part P?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home