More challenges for me!

It must be the season's thrill and a sudden burst of jolly good mood or simply these are just too good ideas to let them go by like that. So I'm joining another challenge. Hosted by booklogged at A Reader's Journal comes the Winter Classics Challenge.



We are to read five classics during the months of January and February. Yes!! I like it! Here's my list:

#1. Bleak House by Charles Dickens (ok, it overlaps with the Chunkster Challenge)
#2. The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien
#3. The Two Towers
#4. The Return of the King (do they count as three?)
#5. The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame

Ok, as a backup for The Lord of the Rings (I don't know but I feel as if I were cheating):

# Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
# Candide by Voltaire

3 Comments:

  1. Booklogged said...
    It's wonderful that you are joining us in the classics challenge. Overlapping with the chunkster challenge is cool - I'm doing it, too. Three Tolkein books sounds like a brave thing to do. Those books scare me, even though my daughter has read them a couple of times and my husband, too. Maybe someday...
    Booklogged said...
    Bookish Lore, what country are you from that you wanted the summer snowman?
    bookish lore said...
    Thanks for stopping by! Yes, Tolkien is intimidating but hey, it's a challenge, isn't? :) besides they were a Christmas' present from my brother and I seriously believe he'll be considering fratricide unless I read them. As regards my location on the map, look south, south till you get to the bottom and there I am, in the always unpredictable and certainly crazy Argentina.

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home