One more challenge!

I was already moping around the house because I thought it was too late to join. MizB at Literary Cache has made my day! It turns out you have time till Jan 31st to join the 2007 TBR Challenge.



What you're supposed to do:

* Pick 12 books - one for each month of 2007 - that you've been wanting to read (have been on your "To Be Read" list) for 6 months or longer, but haven't gotten around to.

* Then, starting January 1, 2007, read one of these books from your list each month, ending December 31, 2007.

I've had the most difficult time choosing these 12 books. All of them were like little children jumping and shouting PICK ME, PICK ME!

Anyway, here's my list (in no particular order as yet)

  1. Mist - Miguel de Unamuno
  2. Tithe - Holly Black
  3. Possession - A. S. Byatt
  4. The Apprenticeship of Duddy Kravitz - Mordecai Richler
  5. A Separate Peace - John Knowles
  6. Saturday - Ian McEwan
  7. Jane Eyre - Charlotte Bronte
  8. Catch 22 - Joseph Heller
  9. To Kill a Mockingbird - Harper Lee
  10. A Tree Grows in Brooklyn - Betty Smith
  11. Neverwhere - Neil Gaiman
  12. The Shadow of the Wind - Carlos Ruiz Zafón

FOR EXTRA CREDIT:

  1. Memoirs of Hadrian - Marguerite Yourcenar
  2. The Brief History of the Dead - Kevin Brockmeier
  3. The Historian - Elizabeth Kostova
  4. The Book of Imaginary Beings - Jorge Luis Borges

With 3 challenges, a pile of compulsory reading, and a mountain of overdue books, I must confess that I'm a happy, avid, beginning-to-panic reader! :)

4 Comments:

  1. Heather said...
    You'll get through it! You have those wonderful books to cheer you on!

    Heather
    www.thelibraryladder.blogspot.com
    bookish lore said...
    Thanks Heather! and there are also so many people out there participating that I'm already feeling gutsier.
    JMD said...
    You will certainly enjoy A Brief History of the Dead. I read it about a year ago, and it still haunts me to this day. Here's hoping you make it to your extra credit.
    bookish lore said...
    Hi there, the evacuee! Thanks for stopping by. I've just read your review and let me tell you this: today is Sat and my favourite bookshop is closed; but right now I'm seriously considering camping outside it to get this book first thing Monday.

    That's it, I'm going. :)

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home